The data controller for this website in the context of the General Data Protection Regulation is:
TMF – Technologie- und Methodenplattform für die vernetzte medizinische Forschung e.V. (TMF Technology, Methods, and Infrastructure for Networked Medical Research)
Tel.: +49 (0)30 / 22 00 24 70
Data protection officer:
Dr. Markus Schneider
Type and purpose of data processing
Each time you visit a website, data are collected and exchanged. TMF e.V. automatically captures and stores data that your browser transfers to our server. These data include:
- the type and version of your web browser (browser program)
- the operating system used
- the page accessed
- the previously visited website (referrer URL)
- the IP address of the device accessing the website
- the time of the server query/request
TMF e.V. analyses these data solely for statistical purposes, with the aim of continuously improving the TMF e.V. website.
We do not share your data with third parties unless you have explicitly given your consent to do so, or where sharing such data is necessary to perform a contract with you, or to comply with statutory obligations. Even in these instances, your personal data are only shared for the purposes of safeguarding our legitimate interests, and where it can be assumed those legitimate interests are not overridden by your own legitimate interests.
Where you have provided your explicit consent, the lawful basis for data processing is Article 6 (1) a) GDPR. Where processing of personal data is necessary for contract performance, it is Article 6 (1) b) GDPR. In cases not covered by the preceding, the lawful basis is Article 6 (1) f) GDPR where our legitimate interest is the pursuit of our business interests, insofar as it can be assumed that such legitimate interest is not overridden by your legitimate interests.
Period of data storage
We only store your data for as long as they are needed for the purposes stated above. Should these purposes be fulfilled and/or statutory retention obligations have expired, we delete your personal data.
Rights of the data subject
As the data subject, i.e. the person whose data are being processed, you have certain rights. These are described in Chapter 3 of the GDPR. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to receive information from us on your personal data that we store, and how data are processed (right of access).
- You have the right to demand rectification of incorrect personal data (right of rectification).
- You have the right to demand the erasure of your data stored by us, if certain conditions specified in Article 17 GDPR apply (right of erasure).
- You have the right to demand restriction of processing, should we currently not be permitted to erase your personal data due to statutory obligations (right to restriction of processing).
- You have the right to object to our processing your data (right to object).
- You have the right to demand the transfer of your personal data to another data controller without hindrance, where conditions specified by Article 20 GDPR apply (right to portability).
- Should you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time (right to withdraw consent).
- Where the lawful basis for data processing is Article 6 (1) f) GDPR (on account of our legitimate interest to pursue our business interests), you have the right to object to this processing. If we are then unable to provide compelling grounds for processing, then we will discontinue processing.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority at any time.
Cookies are small text files that a web browser stores in a dedicated area on the client device (typically on the hard drive of your computer). The browser transfers the cookie back to the corresponding web server when it receives a server request. The TMF website stores the address of our website and basic information for the purpose of navigation support in such a cookie; this information could be used by third parties to determine the addresses of the website pages accessed, and the time our website was visited.
Cookies can be managed via any browser. Most browsers are set to accept all cookies without asking the user. You are also able to browse our publicly accessible website pages if your browser is set to block cookies. However, to access protected pages that require a user login your browser must be set to allow cookies for as long as you are logged in. We recommend configuring your browser to delete cookies after the session has ended.
Use of external services
Our website incorporates services from external providers; consequently, these external providers also process your data.
Your visit of this website is currently recorded by Matomo.
You are tracked.
You are not tracked.
The coordination office of the Medical Informatics Initiative (MII) offers a newsletter distribution service. If you would like to receive the newsletter offered on the MII website, we need your e-mail address as well as information that allows us to verify that you are the owner of the e-mail address provided and that you agree to receive the newsletter.
In order to ensure that the newsletter is sent by mutual agreement, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. In the course of this procedure the potential recipient can be added to a distribution list. Subsequently, the user receives a confirmation e-mail to confirm the registration in a legally secure manner. Only if the confirmation is made, the address is actively included in the distribution list.
We use this data exclusively for sending the requested information and offers.
Newsletter2Go is used as newsletter software. Your data will be transmitted to Newsletter2Go GmbH. Newsletter2Go is not allowed to sell your data or use it for other purposes than for sending newsletters. Newsletter2Go is a German, certified provider, which was selected according to the requirements of the Data Protection Basic Regulation and the Federal Data Protection Act.
You can find further information here: https://www.newsletter2go.de/informationen-newsletter-empfaenger/
You can revoke your consent to the storage of your data, your e-mail address and its use for sending the newsletter at any time, for example by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in the newsletter.
The data protection measures are always subject to technical innovations, for this reason we ask you to inform yourself about our data protection measures at regular intervals by consulting our data protection declaration.
If you register for events of TMF e.V., your data will be processed for event management purposes. You can find more information on data protection concerning our event management at the particular site of the event: www.medizininformatik-initiative.de/en/current-issues/events.